Blueberry Pancake Casserole
This dish screams weekend entertaining. Make your life easier and make the pancakes the day before. Or, assemble and bake the casserole the night before and reheat in the morning before guests arrive.
Uses Pyrex® 9”x13” Deep Baking Dish
6 cups pancake mix or 1 box
4-½ cup almond milk or milk
12 eggs, divided, 6 for the pancakes and 6 for the casserole
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 pint blueberries
3 cups half and half
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Maple syrup, optional garnish
Powdered sugar, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl mix together pancake mix, milk, 6 eggs and ¼ cup oil until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Using a ½ measuring cup create pancakes using both a full ½ cup and ¼ cup, so that they vary in size. Make all pancakes and set aside.
- Spray your Pyrex® 9”x13” Deep baking dish with cooking spray and layer pancakes, adding blueberries on each layer.
- In a large bowl whisk remaining 6 eggs with half and half, vanilla extra and sugar. Pour over pancakes and bake for 20-25 minutes until custard is firm.
- Remove from oven and top with syrup and powdered sugar, if desired.