Cheesy Rigatoni Bake
This dish is so easy but so impressive looking. Your Instagram feed is going to break the internet with this! If you’re pressed for time, choose larger noodles, which will take less time to fill.
Uses Pyrex® 7”x11” Deep Baking Dish
2 lb. rigatoni or long noodle pasta that can be filled
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup all purpose flour
3 cups milk
3 cups Parmesan cheese
1 lb. ricotta cheese
½ lb. mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon chopped thyme
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 lb. mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Cook pasta 2-3 minutes under cooking time. Remove and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and whisk in flour, cooking for 1 minute. Pour in milk, whisking continuously until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta, mascarpone, thyme, lemon zest and juice. Add mixture to a piping bag or zip lock bag, pushing to a corner and then snipping to create a hole.
- Pour a bit of the sauce on the bottom of your Pyrex® 7”x11” deep baking dish. Taking each noodle, fill with ricotta mixture and begin to fill in the bottom of the pan. Repeat until the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
- Once the first layer is down, cover with a thin layer of sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Continue to work in layers, filling noodles and lining the pan. Repeat with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- When you reach the top layer, pour over remaining sauce and then top with mozzarella. Sprinkle with another sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbly.